Friday 31 August 2012

Crocheted Blythe hat and a tiny refurbished drawer set


Hi folks! My weekend isn't quite here yet as I'm working both today and tomorrow but as the Harry Potter Craft-a-long finishes today I thought I would bend my posting schedule and share the photos of my final two projects ^_^


For the Reducio challenge I had to make something small, so I made this little hat for my Blythe doll Tarquin.


I made it without a pattern, and I think it turned out pretty well!


I kinda want to make a full sized version for myself now ~_^


I used some vintage yarn from my Nana Tess so I'm not sure what it actually is, but I'd put my money on acrylic. I really love the colour though!


The other project is for Detention with Snape; the challenge being to finish off a WIP. I started altering this wooden drawer set ages ago but had only got as far as the first coat of wood stain. But now it's finished – yay!


I used black acrylic paint to age the wood; I did some coats just as a light wash, others as undiluted paint, and several more in between of varying strengths.


The labels are vintage book pages from one of the book safes I made; I just cut them to size and slipped them into the label holders.


I think I'm going to use this for craft room storage – it's the perfect size for haberdashery.


And that's it! The Craft-a-long is finished! I'm going to do the next semester (which starts in a couple of days) as well; I had a lot of fun and I'm really impressed with how many crafts I ended up creating ^_^

Do you think you'll join me for the autumn semester? (Even though it's spring over here?)

- Lisa x

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love Tarquin's hat, very cunning! And I am most impressed that you did it without a pattern.
Ps. I might just have to transfer in for the new semester!

Lisa said...

Yay! Yes, please do! It would be super fun to do our coursework together ^_^ The thread isn't up yet, but here's where it will be when it goes up: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=188.0

Tanya said...

are the drawers full size? I can't tell!

Cute hat!

Lisa said...

Thanks Tanya! The drawers are actually pretty small, about five cm wide and deep enough to fit in a couple of spools of thread. I wish I had a full sized one though! ^_^