Monday 19 November 2012

Craft fair!


Hey! I'm back ^_^ I was informed rather suddenly that I need to take two weeks off work and, well, it's not like I was going to argue too much ~_^

So I went and visited my mum and my nana for a couple of days and then I came back and starting crafting (and sleeping ... and playing videogames ... and reading ...). My work is having a craft fair tomorrow and the day after so I made a whole heap of things to sell ...


I used soy wax and mini mason jars to make these cute candles. I really like how they turned out!
 

I made lots of necklaces - I crocheted hearts in red, blue, green, and pink and then added long chains. I've already kept one of the blue ones for myself; it went perfectly with a new dress I brought ~_^

I also aged mini spools and made necklaces from them. I used cotton thread to wrap around them, and the 2 ply thickness was perfect.
 

These badges are made from vintage buttons and chalkboard paint - you can write whatever you like on them! I thought that was pretty cool ^_^
 

I used the cotton thread to make this other style of necklaces - it's meant to be a granny triangle but they are a bit wonky ... I think they're still cute though.
 

All the stallholder and entry fees are going to support Mo-vember so I figured I would make some mustache crafts ^_^ I made large badges in wood grain, black, and washi tape ...
 
   
... and earring sets in the same ^_^

 I made all my broken and mis-matched vintage knitting needles into bracelets (and I'm seriously tempted to keep one or two of them) ...

... and I used even more crochet hearts to make brooches.
 

These very homemade looking cards were made using stamps that I carved (the anatomical heart is my favourite!).


I have a mini suitcase filled with fat quarters featuring ten of my Spoonflower designs.
 

I also got a whole heap of cards professionally printed by Moo; the ones above are my five latest designs ...
 

... and these ones are the ones I also had last year.
 

I also made a whole bunch of record bowls - they're still pretty popular over here! ^_^

Let's hope it goes well!

- Lisa ^_^


8 comments:

Flora and Paws said...

Lisa

Good to have you back blogging.

It certainly looks like you have been busy crafting and I am sure all your wonderful items will sell and raise heaps for Movember.

I am loving the tiny crochet jewellery.

Lisa said...

Thanks Sara! I had a nice break, but I'm looking forward to getting back into my regular posting schedule ^_^

I'm glad you like my jewellery - and I certainly hope we raise a good amount to help the Mo Boys ^_^

Rebecca said...

Lis, these all look amazing! I'm sure you're going to do really well at the fair!

Colleen said...

Wow Lisa, I am SUPER impressed!

Tanya said...

what the what! you have been sooo busy! I like all of this stuff, especially the needle bracelet and the hand made cards!!

Lisa said...

Thanks Bec! ^_^

Lisa said...

Thanks Colleen, I'm glad! ^_^

Lisa said...

Thanks Tanya! It's amazing what one can achieve when work isn't a factor ~_^