Monday 24 June 2013

Pon-Pon inspired eye ball hair bows and a free printable poster


Hello! How have you been? I have officially finished my first semester of university! Hurrah! The last couple of weeks were intense, with a *lot* of studying, which meant I was listening to a lot of music ^_^ I find songs where I have no idea what the lyrics are are perfect for studying to, so I was listening to SBS PopAsia pretty much constantly. I can even kinda sing along now ... although I'm pretty sure that I am mispronouncing everything and I still have no idea what most songs are about! ^_^


Which brings me to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and her awesome song "PONPONPON". It's so much fun! I love the set design, and the extreme weirdness of it all ^_^


Watching her videos just makes me want to craft, so I whipped up a couple of eye-ball hair bows ^_^

They were very, very easy to make too! Here's how:

1. Follow this tutorial to make a couple of hair bows
2. Cut out four large circles from white felt, two medium circles from coloured felt (these will be the irises so any colour is fine ^_^), and two small circles from black felt
3. Use embroidery thread to sew the black circle onto the coloured circle, and then the coloured circle onto the white circle
4. Cut two circles from cardboard just a tiny bit smaller than the white circles
5. Sandwich the cardboard in between the front of the eyeball and one of the extra white felt circles and stitch together using a blanket stitch - this will give it some extra support and ensure your eyeball doesn't become floppy
6. Sew the eyeballs onto the hair bows
7. Sew on a hair clip to the back of each bow

Then clip then in a make some funny faces ~_^


I also have a printable for you! Click on either of the pictures here to be taken to my Google Drive, where you can download this "Keep Calm and Pon Pon Pon" poster ^_^

The poster is A3 size, so you have the choice of printing it out full size or shrinking it to fit on A4 paper ^_^ I hope you like it! Please let me know if you have any trouble with downloading it from Google Drive!


Next I want to try crafting something inspired by Kyary's "Fashion Monster" song ... any suggestions? ^_^

- Lisa x

No comments: