Friday 21 February 2014

the crochet black rose flower crown


Hello! How are you going? I've only got a week until I go back to uni (for my final year! Eeek!) and unfortunately I've fallen into a little bit of a crafting rut! You know when you want to craft, but nothing really seems right? Usually when this hits, I try to tidy up my craft storage room, but since it's still extremely summery here, that room is boiling hot and therefore entirely unpleasant to be in. Yuck! So I went to Plan B: browsing Pinterest. This can be a dangerous plan as it often doesn't actually lead to any crafting, but this time I was lucky! I found a link to this tutorial for crocheting roses and, remembering my vague, unfulfilled desire for a black flower crown, got to hooking!


I actually totally love how it turned out, and the pattern for the roses was a very simple one to follow so it was easy to make as well ^___^


I made five roses, and I tied them onto an old black headband that I already had. Since I also already had the wool (and it is actually 100% wool this time, which is a departure from my regular acrylic!), this project cost me absolutely nothing to make. Huzzah!

I've also been paying close attention to fashion blogs lately, in an attempt to imitate their effortless posing. I think I've still got a long way to go! But it is good to have some ideas of what to do with one's arms instead of getting in front of the camera and having no clue of what to do. It's certainly a lot easier with a photographer as well; one can only do so much with selfies! ~___^






Also, having a photographer makes it a lot easier to get close up shots of things on one's head without having to be a contortionist! ~___^ You can see more of the rose detail in the photo below; although using a lighter colour would show up the details even more, I'm pleased with how they look in black.



And that's that project done, so I guess it's back to the drawing board for me! I do have a big pile of mending to do ... but what do you think the odds are of that happening? ~___^
- Lisa xx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this post! You look so pretty:) Happy Blogging!!


freyasfindings.blogspot.com

xxxxxxxxx

Mezz said...

oh i love this!! you are too clever..you could sell these, i would buy!!

mezz

Becca said...

Man, I've been in a crafting rut, too. They are rough! I adore this crocheted flower crown you made. It looks gorgeous! These photos are so cute!

XOXO
Becca | Ladyface Blog

Lisa said...

Thank you all for your comments! ^___^

Tanya said...

really cute. great idea looking at fashion blogs, I should do that too. I always feel so awkward!

Lisa said...

I definitely still feel awkward, but having a 'game plan' certainly helps! ^___^