Monday 10 February 2014

Flower crowns and crop-tops


Hello! Well, here we go; I've finally gotten up the courage to post pictures of me wearing the crop top I made! I also made the flower crown, which goes with much more things than I thought it would! But that's not what this post is about ...


The top pattern is one that Rebecca helped me make; let's be honest though, I couldn't have done it without her! Dressmaking is *not* one of my strengths! However, now that I've got a good pattern that I know fits me properly, I can use it over and over and over ....

This fabric is from the quilting section of Spotlight, and I think it's 100% cotton. It's also fully lined with a light-weight fabric.


Honestly though, I don't think I'll keep this piece as a crop top. Although I think it looks ok, it's not really my style and I don't feel really comfortable wearing it. I think I'll add a thick waistband to this and turn it into the bodice for a dress. Dresses are much more my speed! ^___^


I'm glad I gave this a go anyway ^___^ What's your take on the crop-top trend?

- Lisa xx

4 comments:

Tanya said...

looking cute!

I am definitely not a crop top gal! Not outside the four walls of my house anyway.

does it do up with a zip or something? being cotton it wouldnt have stretch?

Lisa said...

Thanks Tanya! Yes, you're right, this top doesn't have much stretch at all! I tried a zip under one of the arms, but the lack of stretch made it impossible to get on so I swapped to a center back zip. The vintage zip I used has already began to fray though, so I'll be removing it when I add the waistband and skirt.

Becca said...

Oh it looks great! I love the look of crop tops but am not brave enough to wear one myself. I'm pretty confident about my body but have always felt weird showing much skin. I think it looks awesome on you, but if you're not comfortable in it then definitely turn it into a dress. It'll be adorable!

XOXO
Becca | Ladyface Blog

Lisa said...

Yes, Becca, that's exactly it! Showing that much skin just doesn't really feel natural to me! I'm excited to see what it looks like as a dress though ^___^ Thanks for your comment!