Tuesday 1 April 2014

Foxy face brooches



Hello! Do you get any craft magazines? I get *a lot* ... probably too many! ~___^ Mollie Makes is one of my favourites, but I almost never get around to making any of the projects that come in the free kits. Which is a pity, as they are totally adorable!


But, this week, I realised that I couldn't show you any of the three long-term projects I've been working on (yet! I will show you soon!) so I pulled out the train case I keep full of magazine kits and decided this one was the perfect one to make ^___^
 

The felt in this kit is a lot stiffer than the felt I normally work with, but it worked really well for this project. The cream part of the fox face is just one thickness of felt, so having the stiffer felt means that it retains its shape very well.
 

The pattern for the foxes included the design for the sleepy eyes, as seen on the orange fox, but I gave my pink fox some happy eyes - just for something different! ^___^
 

Also, I had absolutely no idea how to do the stab stitch in the way the magazine had pictured, so I did a running stitch instead. It worked out fine! But I do want to know how to do the stab stitch now; any stitching experts out there who could give me some pointers? 


I reckon I'll wear these cuties as sweater clips, because it's finally getting cold enough here to actually wear cardigans! I'm so excited! Last night I was wearing pants, socks, a jumper, *and* a hat - it was actually lovely ^___^ Anyway, I best get back to my knitting - I can't wait to show you this project! But I have to finish it first; hopefully with practice I will one day be able to knit faster than at a snail's pace! ~___^

- Lisa xx

3 comments:

Becca said...

Oooh! I have that issue. I've been meaning to make those cute little guys but haven't gotten around to it yet. One of these days!

XOXO
Becca | Ladyface Blog

Tanya said...

i do not know what stab stitch is but it sounds fun.

very cute! I have done the swapping the eyes things, i like happy eyes better!

Lisa said...

I've still got a really big list of things from magazines to make Becca ... one of these days indeed! ^___^

Tanya, I think half the reason I want to learn stab stitch is the name. It sounds so hardcore, right? ~___^