Saturday 10 May 2014

Anzac cupcakes



Hello! How are you? I'm at the stage in this semester where I feel like I'm constantly behind. I finish a reading, there are seven more to do. Complete an assignment, ten more still on the list. I really do love sociology, but golly I'm looking forward to uni break! My sewing machine is still broken, and my knitting hasn't progressed much apart from being cast on, so I was really at a loss of what to blog about this weekend. I might still be able to finish off a project in between work and studying, but I thought I should blog about the one just-for-fun thing I have accomplished this weekend - and that thing is cupcakes!

 

I originally made this recipe as a cake for Scott's birthday, so if you follow me on Instagram you might remember seeing it there. It was really delicious, but not very pretty because none of my cakes ever are, so I decided to re-test the recipe (to make sure it wasn't a fluke!) and also make it into cupcakes. Because cupcakes are a thousand times cuter than cakes. That's totally a fact ~___^


Anzac (Cup)Cake Recipe
Makes 1 cake or about 12 cupcakes

1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup

Mix everything together, and then pour the mixture into either a cake pan or divide into a cupcake tin. Bake in a 180oC (350oF) oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until you can insert a skewer and draw it out clean. 

 

I left these cupcakes plain, but I topped the original cake with some coconut icing and it was totally awesome. Either way, they are very delicious and are sure to disappear fairly quickly ^___^


I don't really have any chance at finishing any of my WIPs this weekend (a curse on both my tempamental sewing machine and my slow knitting skills!) but I also haven't made anything for my mum for Mother's Day yet ( ... opps!) so I'll work on that tomorrow. Starting yet another project? Nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan ... ~___^ Until next time!

- Lisa xx

2 comments:

Pops De Milk said...

Yum! These look delicious. I remember having anzac cookies at an Australian party I went to (yep, in Canada that's a novelty) and they were so amazing. Now I HAVE to try these cupcakes, thanks for sharing the recipe :D

Lisa said...

The idea of an Australian party really makes me giggle Pops De Milk! I hope you enjoy the cupcakes! I wonder what flavour one could make for a Canada party? ^____^