Tuesday 13 January 2015

Get Geometric C/KAL!


Hello! Exciting news, folks!! Tanya and I are doing another KAL! Yay! (cue raucous applause)  ~___^ This KAL (technically a C/KAL, as per usual ^___^) is all about chevrons and triangles - it's time to Get Geometric! Tanya and I have each created a free pattern for you to make; one for crocheters and one for knitters ^___^




I've made a pattern for these awesome crochet chevron mitts; they're super comfy and deceptively easy! The best thing about this pattern is that the colour work is done in alternating rows and you don't tie off between rows; this means that when you're finished you only have four ends to weave in! I don't know about you, but I *hate* weaving in ends so I'm super stoked to have a simple way to create this chevron pattern that doesn't end with me never ever actually finishing the project ~___^
 




You can download the free pattern for these mitts from Ravelry here and join our KAL group here


Tanya has made a pattern for an incredible double knitted cowl with a pattern of stacked triangles. It looks AWESOME and I can't wait to start knitting my own version! The KAL will run from the 19th of January til the 19th of February and we've already started chatting away on the group boards ^___^


Tanya has also gathered this awesome prize pack that's up for grabs for anyone who completes her cowl pattern. It includes three gorgeous skeins of wool, a notebook, compact mirror, washi tape, triangle earrings, and a cushion cover! If you're not already riding the geometric bandwagon, this will surely get you a seat ~___^

 

Those who whip up a pair of mitts will go into the draw to win this totally wicked prize pack! It includes three balls of wool (enough to make up the mitts in the same hot pink and deep grey colour scheme that I've favoured ~___^), a wooden bead necklace kit, a notebook, geometric earrings and ...
 
 


... this awesome watch! I suspect that anyone toting around all of these prizes would automatically become the coolest person in any room that they enter ~___^


I really hope you'll join Tanya and I for this KAL! You've got just under a week to download the patterns for the mitts or the cowl, gather your wool, introduce yourself ... and then we can get knitting/hooking! ^___^ We'll be sharing progress pictures on Instagram using the hashtag #getgeometric and I can't wait to see everyone's WIPs and FOs!

- Lisa xx


3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, your gloves are adorable! ♥
Amy xx

Perfect Imperfections

Unknown said...

I love playing with patterns, so obviously I think this is super cool! You have such an adorable blog! I enjoyed flipping through it. Also, thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment for me. I really appreciated it! <3

- Anna

www.melodicthriftychic.com

Lisa said...

Thanks Amy and Anna! ^____^